It's raining and it's 9 degrees now. I'm freezing my ass off and I need a heater!
During lunch yesterday, Deva my house-mate found... something super gross and unsanitary in her chili flakes for the pasta. So, we typed out a complaint and got almost everyone to sign for it and we're going to send it in to the Student Welfare Services later today. God, these people really piss me off. They're not running a hostel to help students - they're in it for the MONEY! And I mean, they've got 50 plus students, and collecting $1.5k a month from each. You'd think they'd be a little more generous with everything! (Like TOILET PAPER for instance.) But I guess not. Money begets greed.
Because of that disgusting incident during lunch, the few of us lost our appetite and had microwaved MacN'Cheese. Surprisingly, the processed/instant food here is pretty decent!
We weren't about to go back for dinner so we headed out to the pasta places around the corner as a group of 15. What my point for today's post is:
I MISS 7UP SO SO SO MUCH!Sitting there with the guys and the girls, listening to their conversations, complaints of hostel food, some of their raucous laughter, I couldn't help but compare the whole thing to the better times I've shared with Alex, Cheryl, Gnia, Grace, Kris, Mira and Royston. I've found it inevitable to constantly compare things here with what I have back home. It isn't very healthy, and when I look at what I have here, I couldn't have expected more. But I guess what they say is true - distance DOES make the heart grow fonder.
*hatches an elaborate plan (and savings account) to be back in time for graduation*
On another note, there was a bullying incident that occurred over the past week or so between a 21-year-old guy (who is coincidentally the most childish of them here, and my next door neighbor) and a 16-year-old GIRL. No prizes for guessing the victim. I mean, I thought I had lost all hope in such guys and chivalry was lost but this - THIS hit an all new LOW!
You'd think that coming from wealthy enough a family capable of sending you overseas to study, and educated enough to see the benefits of that, they would have raised a better child! I don't even know that girl but I'm so infuriated at the thought of such a cowardly act. Come on man, are you so low to call a girl 5 years your junior (or any girl for that matter) NAMES in the middle of the dining hall? Hm... Oh wait, I guess you ARE.
10:20 AM